Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Not Part of the Plan


My heart is broken.I didn't see it coming,I knew in the coming year I was going to have to let her go.But not yet.Not like this! Neither of us were ready.My best friend and companion for the last 13 plus years,gone in less than 12 hours.
I knew she wouldn't be with me next summer,age 14 is very old for a golden retriever.Her eyesight was going and the stairs were a bit of a challenge,it would be a tough winter for her.Yet she still loved to chase a tennis ball,bark at the deer and sleep on the couch.
Just the previous week she had gotten a clean bill of health from the vet (I try to practice preventative maintenance)but sometimes things are beyond our control.
It has only been two months so I can't tell her story yet,tears cloud my vision.
I know I gave Maizy the best life I possibly could,but I am still sad.I know she'll be waiting for me at the rainbow bridge....

No comments:

Post a Comment